Prior to the examination deadline, a *COMBINATION* of the following requirements
MUST be met in order to qualify to take this exam.
MUST FIRST HAVE:
Current/valid CBSPD certification as a SPD Technician (CSPDT) - Must include a copy of your CBSPD Technician certificate.
Plus ONE of the following below:
- Completion of 24 months of full-time employment or equivalent part-time hours performing Operating Room Surgical Instrument Processing activities (provide verification signed by your Manager on your exam application) ...OR
- Completion of a Surgical Instrument Processing or Surgical Technology Course, with a passing grade of 70 or higher (provide copy of certificate/grade from your instructor) AND 12 months full-time employment or equivalent part-time hours performing surgical instrument processing (provide verification signed by your Manager on your exam application) ...OR
- Completion of 24 months of surgical instrument sales or service (provide verification signed by your employer on your exam application).
Exam fee: $125
Disclaimer: The CBSPD does not discriminate among applicants as to age, sex, race, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or any status protected by law. The examination is only offered in English in the United States. Candidates must be able to interpret, speak, read and write English.
QUICK EXAM FACTS
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE EXAM
Send in your application
Before starting, make sure:
- To Take notice of the title of your application, to confirm that you are applying for the correct exam
- Ensure that you check the eligibility requirement that applies to you (listed at the top of this page)
- Have an approved method of payment: credit card, business check, or money order.
Still need help?
Watch the videos or contact us with any questions.
Select a test site and date
After acceptance of your application, you will receive an email or a postcard with information on how to schedule the date and location of your exam.
If you have not received your notification seven days prior to the examination window, contact the CBSPD office immediately.
|May 4-9, 2020-CANCELLED|
|August 3-8, 2020||July 28, 2020- TUESDAY|
|November 2-7, 2020||October 27, 2020- TUESDAY|
Each of our five certification exams have a testing window of one week. Candidates can register to take the exam anytime during the window subject to availability at the test site selected. Any candidate in the U.S. may sign up for more than one different exam during the current one-week exam window.
The candidate may NOT sign up for the same exam more than once during any exam window. Please note that some test sites outside the United States will remain with paper and pencil examinations and the exams will still be offered 4 times a year.