CBSPD Job Openings
Note: There is a $25 charge (PER POSITION) for jobs posted on this page for a period of ONE month.
Now additional months are available for your job openings!!
Also note, this page is for positions that are available from hospitals in the CS/SPD areas. Please do not send personal resumes looking for positions as they will not be posted. Thank you.
*To have a Job Opening posted on this page, please click HERE.
Ref # 1639-1
November 8, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: LeeSar/CSF
Address: 2727 Winkler Avenue
City, State, Zip code: Fort Myers, FL
Country: United States
Department & Position: Executive Director of Sterile Processing
- Responsible for the overall mission and strategic vision of LeeSar Regional Service Center (LeeSar) in providing sterile processing services to Lee Health (LH) and other member locations as required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Off-site Reprocessing Center (ORC) and Sterile Processing Turn Centers (found at each LH care site) in addition to Surgical Pack Operations.
- Ensures adherence to standards of practice as established by OSHA, FDA, AORN, DNV, and AAMI.
- Responsible for the leadership of SPD technicians and support staff, management of an $11M annual budget and accountability for maintaining highest standards for quality, accuracy, and timeliness in providing sterile products with a zero tolerance for defects.
- The Executive Director also supports the mission, vision, and values of Lee Health, and reports dotted line to a senior LH executive.
MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
Advance the mission of our members to improve the health of patients and communities we serve.
Provide world class supply chain services that position members for success in a value-based healthcare market.
- Develops short term and long term goals that are in alignment with LeeSar and LH’s strategic objectives through a dyad partnership with the LH System Director, Surgical Process Standardization.</
- Develops capital budget (operational expense including supplies, equipment and labor) which reflects anticipated expenditures/resources to meet initiatives and flexible staffing based on volume.
- Reviews budgeted recommendations with supervisor for approval.
- Analyzes, resolves and reports variances between budgeted and actual supply and expense lines with monthly monitoring fluctuations in volume.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities involved in the acquisition, decontamination, storage, assembly, cleaning and sterilization of medical, surgical and related supplies, materialsand equipment utilized.
- Serves as a resource for information regarding proper sterilization techniques, product information, and equipment operation, as required by other healthcare team members.
- Ensures that sterilization processes are compliant with State, Federal and applicable accreditation laws/guidelines.
- Ensures collection, cleaning, quality control, sterilization and distribution of instruments and materials necessary for operation.
- Maintains, prioritizes, and expedites work flow with adherence to the Quality Management System.
- Maintains expertise and acts as primary resource for sterile processing related needs and issues.
- Oversees interviewing, selecting, training and assigning work to employees; evaluates employee performance and recommends salary adjustments.
- Counsels management as well as employees and performs corrective action, up to and including termination. Resolves employee related issues and concerns as they arise.
- Ensures annual development plan for each employee is established.
- Provides direction on departmental educational plan, providing feedback, as needed, and sets an example by being a role model for department staff.
- Supports the organizations efforts of preventing the spread of microorganisms among patients, personnel and visitors; staff will demonstrate knowledge and application of standard precautions and the 5 types of transmission based precautions (contact, droplet, special respiratory, airborne, and neutropenic).
- Ensures staff is appropriately trained in the principles of aseptic technique, sterilization, disinfection, instrument recognition and tray assembly, ensuring adherence to established standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepares clear, well-organized, complete and timely written communications.
Interacts on all shifts with unit personnel.
- Attends meetings and facilitates staff attendance at hospital required committees.
- Provides mechanism for staff representation to report back to unit.
- Participates actively in leadership council and OR Management Committees.
- Disseminates information to staff. Uses verbal communication which is clear, concise and timely.
- Is an effective listener, demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and provides feedback in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with LH’s Organizational Transformation department to establish area based indicators and monitors.
- Reports findings to the primary point of contact from Organizational Transformation and recommends plan of action.
- Develops, implements, and monitors adherence to established quality standards, guidelines, and philosophy of Lean Management.
- Addresses concerns regarding instrumentation, equipment and case cart supplies with clinical and non-clinical departments to ensure proper root-cause resolution of problem.
- Communicates with customers to maintain and enhance relationships, to improve services and to maintain an understanding of clinical operations and related issues.
- Coordinates ordering of instrumentation for preference card requirement with SPD supervisory staff and clinical managers.
- Works with vendors to ensure that instrumentation is current and trade-outs with new technology are accomplished.
- With the LH System Director, Surgical Process Standardization, coordinates the standardization of instrument trays across the Lee Health.
- Works closely with the OR staff in all hospitals to suggest changes and develop standardization where possible.
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of departmental supply chain logistics, including the internal movement of all materials from entry to the point of use.
- Facilitates and supports strategic vendor relationships.
- Ensures routine maintenance is performed on washer- disinfectors, steam and low temperature hydrogen peroxide sterilizers and cart washer (including education and review of function and operation with employees of sterile processing).
- Monitors stability of work force as indicated by turnover rate, staff feedback and exit interviews. Facilitates the completion of time schedules according to written guidelines.
- Apprises supervisors and staff of potential shift problems.
- Reviews employee attendance on an ongoing basis.
- Analyzes trends and identifies problems. Initiates corrective measures to reduce absenteeism and tardiness.
- Monitors work flow and quality of service provided to customers
- Establishes and maintains all policies and procedures required in sterile processing in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Administers policies and procedures that contribute to the accomplishment of financial, material and human resource objectives and ensure all staff is trained and compliant to established policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and certification from a recognized accreditation school such as IAHCSMM (International Association of Health Care Central Service Materiel Management) or CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution) is required. A Master’s Degree in Health Related Field or Business Administration is strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the following standards: AAMI, AORN, FDA, DNV, OSHA.
- Possess strong computer skills including proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Requires effective communication and team development skills.
- Ability to exercise analytical judgment with strong teamwork approach.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and manage staff and customers.
- Extensive knowledge of sterilization methods, case cart deployment, supply chain logistics and surgical instruments is required.
Requires 10 years of experience in sterile processing or equivalent for a multi-hospital system, including at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity. Experience should demonstrate effective leadership, management, and organizational skills. Must have acquired knowledge of decontamination, and sterilization processes, case cart systems and medical/surgical supplies & equipment. Proven experience in team engagement and process improvement.
- Visual acuity necessary to accurately type, file and proof-read documents and ensure accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of job.
- Ability to perform job tasks with our without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to safely drive and be present at customer sites as needed.
- Hours for this position may flex depending on business needs.
- Ability to work primarily in a seated position with frequent standing, walking, reaching, holding, grasping. Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs, carrying, kneeling, climbing.
- Manual dexterity necessary to perform tasks such as typing, filing, sorting, writing and using keyboards, telephones and other office equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Works in sterile processing and operating room environments.
- Some exposure to contaminated equipment, supplies, and instruments may occasionally occur.
- Such hazards are minimized when established safety procedures are followed.
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Name: Yohana Rothenberg
Ref # 1638-1
November 5, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Dell Children's Medical Center
City, State, Zip code: Central Texas
Country: United States
Department: Sterile Processing
Shift: Evening Shift
We are GROWING!
Dell Children’s Medical Center, Austin TX is hiring for multiple Sterile Processing Tech opportunities?.
Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease at Dell Children’s Medical Center, offers the only comprehensive children’s heart center in Central Texas. Serving an expansive 46-county Central Texas region and originally established in 1988, the center provides advanced medical and surgical care to treat cardiovascular disease in children and adolescents.
What Sets Us Apart
-We’re the only comprehensive children’s heart center in Central Texas.
-Our physicians are board certified in pediatric heart subspecialties.
-We have the only pediatric Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Program (ECMO) in Austin.
-We provide lifesaving heart operations for a select group of international patients each year.
Our Sterile Processing Techs are a key part of our mission. Come join and be part of this great Dynamic Team!
What You Will Do:
As an Associate with Seton Family of Hospitals-TX, you will have the opportunity to inspect, assemble and evaluate all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set and to determine need for repair/replacement.
•Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
•Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
•Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
•Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.
What You Will Need:
•Central Service Tech credentialed from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or
•Certified Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).
•Diploma High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
•Minimum 1 year experience Preferred.
Contact: Maria Oprea
Phone number: (512) 212-8049
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref # 1637-1
November 5, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Rochester Regional Health
City, State, Zip code: Rochester, New York 14621
Country: United States
Orders, restocks and decontaminates sterilization equipment and instruments. Collects dirty equipment and instruments. Sorts, loads, unload and decontaminate equipment and instruments according to procedures and or surgical cases. Wraps Surgical sets as per department policy and direction of Supervisor. Validates and maintains: event-related protocols; disinfection and/or sterilization load parameters and records; inventory check sheet(s); and equipment monitoring. Provide superior customer service by modeling the Brand Promise and Core Values.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Materials Management
SCHEDULE: Days/Evenings/Overnights including weekend and call rotation
Successfully passed a nationally accredited central service exam and holds and maintains one of the following credentials:
Certified Registered Central Service Technician credential
Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician credential
• Processes surgical instrumentation and durable medical equipment for reuse including but not limited to; decontamination, inspection and sterilization.
• Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities. Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and responsibilities; enforces compliance with safety and security policies and procedures.
• Maintains records, inventories, use of materials, placement of equipment (including surgical case carts), within each area serviced.
• Maintains knowledge to operate all assigned equipment.
• Maintains inventory and accurate records.
• Complies with all regulatory requirements.
• Communicates effectively with patients, physicians and co-workers.
• Completes annual competencies and UHS mandatory annual requirements. Participates in all planned meetings, internal trainings/education sessions as required.
• Issues delivers supplies and linen to respective departments.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
• Successfully passed a nationally accredited central service exam and holds and maintains one of the following credentials:
• Certified Registered Central Service Technician credential
• Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician credential
• Hard to Fill Clause: A health care facility may employ or otherwise contract with a person who does not meet the requirements of the function of a Sterile Processing Technician, Sr. if they are unable to employ or contract a sufficient number of qualified Sterile Processing Technicians
• Grand-fathering Clause: Must provide evidence of employment or contract services as a Central Service Technician in a health care facility for a cumulative period of one year, occurring between 1/1/2011 – 1/1/2015.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
• Central Service Technician certification required within 18 months of hire if does not meet grand-fathering requirements.
• Sterile Processing certification required within 18 months after employment if Hard to Fill clause is utilize
Ref # 1636-2
November 1, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Riverside Health System
Address: 500 J Clyde Morris Blvd
City, State, Zip code: Newport News, Virginia 23601
Country: United States
Department & Position: Instrument Room Coordinator Sterile Processings
Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News, Virginia is currently seeking a full-time Instrument Room Coordinator for in the Sterile Processing dDepartment.
Hours: Nights, 11PM-7AM
Job Summary: Works under the supervision of the SPD Manager. Ensures the provision of competent services by assisting in validating staff competencies in accordance with AORN/AAMI guidelines. Displays knowledge of growth and development principles and provide direction according to policy & procedure. Maintains a safe working environment for staff/customers.Assists in the daily operations by assigning staff duties and flexing staff to departmental volumes. Creates and maintains the SPD staff schedule. Coordinates the SPD supply ordering process by maintaining a par level and performing weekly orders.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: 1 year experience required. 2 years experience preferred.
Certification: Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology Certification required.
To apply for this position, please go to our website at Riverside Medical Center website or click on the following direct link to the position:
Riverside began serving the Virginia Peninsula community in 1916. In 1963, Riverside moved to the present 72-acre location in Newport News on J. Clyde Morris Boulevard. A 450-bed facility, Riverside Regional Medical Center is the Virginia Peninsulas most comprehensive medical facility combining the most recent computerized medical technology with a healing environment. The Pavilion is a 250,000 sq. ft., $107 million, 3-story addition to Riverside Regional Medical Center, which opened in 2013. This acute care facility provides a regional cancer care center, the Peninsula regions only comprehensive stroke center, the areas only open-heart surgery program, the regions only Level II Trauma Center, and a cornerstone neurosciences program that includes the Chesapeake, Riverside and University of Virginia Radiosurgery Center.
Ref # 1635-1
October 31, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Sharp HealthCare
City, State, Zip code: Positions are located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Country: United States
Department & Position:Sterile Processing Techs
Shift: Day, Evening & Night Shifts
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sterile Processing Techs
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for decontamination, reprocessing, sterilization and storage of Operating Room (OR) instrumentation; sterilizer monitoring, maintenance and documentation; OR supply maintenance and case cart assembly.
Positions are located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Day, Evening & Night Shifts
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• One-year experience in an acute care hospital, sterile processing, or surgery department or completion of a program for sterile processing/central supply technician.
• Thorough knowledge of surgical instrumentation, sterile techniques, general hospital supplies and equipment.
• Great interpersonal skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification via IAHCSMM.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ref # 1634-1
October 28, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: LeeSar/CSF
Address: 2727 Winkler Avenue
City, State, Zip code: Fort Myers, FL
Country: United States
Department & Position: Tech I, II, III and Lead Positions Available!
I. Job Summary:
Reports to the manager of sterile processing and works under the supervision of the lead instrument technician. Maintains competency in all areas of sterile processing (Decontamination, Assembly, Sterilization, Distribution) and holds and maintains CRCST certification. May assist the team with precepting and training. Collaborates with the team to deliver high quality and reliable instrumentation to the surgical services customers and patients. Participates in team huddles and idea generation to support continuous improvement and the quality management system. Responsible for adhering to LeeSar and Lee Health System policies and protocols and AAMI, APIC, and AORN standards.
II. GENERAL COMPETENCIES:
1. DEPENDABILITY & RELIABILITY:
a. Identify and escalate safety issues.
b. Ability to follow detailed directions with or without supervision.
c. Self-motivated, excellent at multi-tasking, detail-oriented.
2. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
a. Observe a minimum of 2 surgical procedures in a year.
b. Complete 12 CEU’s (Continuing Education Units) annually.
c. Successfully maintain competency in a minimum of two areas (Decontamination, Assembly, Sterilization, Case Pick).
d. Successfully maintain IAHCSMM CRCST Certification.
e. Ability to precept and deliver educational in-services.
III. JOB KNOWLEDGE:
(a) Proficiency in required computer skills including, but not limited to: Microsoft products Outlook, Excel, Word; Censitrac instrument program.
(b). Decontamination - Demonstrates the ability to:
1) Properly set up the decontamination area (sink levels, soap concentration, equipment needs).
2) Properly sort and stage trays if needed (scanning, stay / go, type of decontamination, spray).
3) Follow proper cleaning procedures for instruments that will go through automatic washer and follows the standard work for basic instruments (scan, sort, open, soak, scrub, brush flush, sonic, rinse) and follows the IFU’s for different instruments.
4) Follow proper cleaning procedures for instruments requiring hand wash (no submersion, scrub, brush, flush, rinse, dry) and follows the IFU’s for different instruments.
5) Run the equipment properly and according to instrument IFU’s and properly load manifolds for optimal cleaning.
(c.) Assembly – Demonstrates the ability to:
1) Properly utilize the instrument tracking system and assemble trays one instrument at a time by checking off one item at a time according to standard work and policy.
2) Properly inspect basic instruments and instrument sets according to IFU’s (scissor testing, box locks, clamps, brush & flush lumens, insulation testing, assemble / disassemble, check function, visual check for bioburden) by following standard work and policies.
3) Properly string items, bag, or organize tray according to count sheets, standard work, and IFU’s for basic instruments and trays.
4) Properly prepare tray with indicators, count sheet in bucks bag, wrap, container & filter, locks, and labels according to standard work and IFU’s.
5) Properly assemble singles utilizing instrument tracking system, barcode scanning, instrument search engines, proper packaging and labeling.
(d.) Sterilization – Demonstrates the ability to:
1) Utilize IFU’s to determine sterilization requirements and perform necessary Bowie Dick and Biological testing.
2) Set up a sterilizer load according to standard work and policies.
3) Load and run the steam sterilizer following SOP’s, standard work, IFU’s and policies.
4) Load and run Sterrad loads according to SOP’s, standard work, IFU’s, and policies.
5) Sterilize utilizing ETO according to SOP’s, standard work, IFU’s and policies, if applicable.
(e.) Case Pick – Demonstrates the ability to:
1) Set up a surgical case (instruments and supplies) according to preference cards and instrument tracking system.
2) Put away and locate instruments utilizing inventory control systems and instrument tracking system.
3) Communicate with the OR team to facilitate obtaining add on or changes in supplies or instruments for the surgical case.
IV. QUALITY OF WORK:
a. Maintains high quality performance with fewer than 6 defects per year reaching the customer.
b. Properly utilizes the instrument tracking system and follows all departmental standard work processes.
V. ADHERENCE TO COMPANY POLICIES:
a. Follow all documented LeeSar policy and procedure.
b. Follow all documented LeeSar SPD standard work processes.
c. Demonstrate ability to meet LeeSar attendance policy, being at work, on time every shift.
d. Ability to demonstrate integrity in protecting confidential patient information.
VI. COMMUNICATION, COLLABORATION & ENGAGEMENT:
a. Demonstrate good verbal and non-verbal communication skills including positive and strong team communication skills.
b. Demonstrate strong written and verbal skill; clearly and professionally communicates with all peers, customers and leadership.
c. Participate in peer mentoring and feedback.
d. Demonstrate strong desire to learn and develop new skills.
e. Daily demonstration of great focus and attention to detail in all processes.
a. Decontamination productivity reaches and maintains 40 trays per shift.
b. Assembly productivity reaches and maintains 20 trays per shift.
c. Case pick productivity reaches and maintains 20 cases per shift.
VIII. PROBLEM-SOLVING (CREATIVITY & INITIATIVE):
a. Ability to participate in team problem solving as part of a continuous improvement culture.
b. Demonstrate ability to identify potential solutions to department quality opportunities.
c. Demonstrate flexibility and strong teamwork skills in any required job duties.
IX. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. High School or GED Graduate required.
2. Read, write, and speak English for work related communication.
3. CRCST Certification.
4. Competency in at least 2 areas of Sterile Processing.
5. Minimum 1 year Sterile Processing experience.
Contact Name: Yohana Rothenberg
Ref # 1627-1
October 22, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Mount Sinai Health System
Department & Position: Central Sterilization Technician
Name: Mount Sinai South Nassau Hospital
Address: One Healthy Way
City/State/Zip: Oceanside, NY 11572
Shifts: Full Time, Per Diem & Evening
CENTRAL STERILIZATION TECHNICIAN
Mount Sinai South Nassau
Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem
Transcend Your Career to a Higher Level
Oceanside, NY. Situated on the sunny south shore of western Long Island, minutes from Jones Beach and thirty minutes from NYC, is an exceptional Hospital focused on quality and excellence, one that celebrates professional achievement and a passion for patients . . . Mount Sinai South Nassau. The Long Island flagship hospital of the Mount Sinai Health System, Mount Sinai South Nassau is designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for outstanding nursing care. South Nassau is one of the region’s largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care in cardiac, oncologic, orthopedic, bariatric, pain management, mental health and emergency services.
We are an award-winning, 455-bed, acute care, not-for-profit teaching hospital located in Oceanside. Our dedicated staff serves the entire South Shore with world-class surgeons and residents, a Newly Certified Level ll Trauma Center and baby-friendly designation.
We are currently seeking full time, per diem, and evening Certified Central Sterile Technicians to identify, sort, and process materials handled for the Delivery, Operating & Endoscopy Rooms. Must operate required sterilization equipment, communicate to client & departments and perform decontamination activities.
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent
- CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician)
- Minimum of 1-year relevant experience
- Experience in a Hospital setting
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and basic medical/surgical supplies.
- Knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Great benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance, generous tuition reimbursement, part-time and full-time pensions, vacation and sick days and much more!
For immediate consideration, please apply online at: www.southnassau.org/sn/careers
Job# 182247 (Full Time), Job# 182909 (Per Diem), Job# 170946 (Evening).
South Nassau is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status. EOE M/F/D/V.
Ref # 1633-1
October 21, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: 3M
Department & Position: R00993336 Technical Service Engineer (Maplewood, MN)
Address: 3M CTR 0224-01-N-10
City, State, Zip code: Maplewood, 55144
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Technical Service Engineer for the Medical Solutions Division (MSD) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Technical Service Engineer will lead the way in preventing and controlling the risk of infection. Seeking an experienced and motivated individual with expertise in sterilization and disinfection of medical instruments in hospitals. The primary role of this position includes driving the growth of 3M Sterilization products through education and technical support of 3M sterilization monitoring products.
For additional information, please visit:
Learn more at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Training and technical support for sales team and end users on commercial chemical indicator products.
- Development of technical literature and product support materials.
- Author Instructions for Use for all assigned products.
- Delivery of end user education via live seminars, webinars and articles.
- Support for new product development programs, bringing Voice of Customer (VOC) into the development teams.
- Competitive product analysis.
3M Health Care Academy Education Program Development and Support
- Primary responsibility for development of technical education materials for both Continuing Education (CE)- credited and non-CE credited education of Sterile Processing and Infection Prevention personnel.
- Identification and integration of optimized learning methods into educational materials.
- Create blogs and other electronic communications to support electronic education and marketing.
- Identification and coordination of 3M contracted industry educators.
- Delivery of educational content via seminars, webinars and written articles.
- Direct technical support to end users and 3M sales team on use and application of 3M Sterilization products.
- 3M Tech Line phone and email support.
- Content development of technical support literature pieces for end users and sales team support.
- Possess an Associate’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution.
- Minimum six (6) years of combined experience in health care sterile processing and/or infection prevention (private, public, government or military).
- International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a leadership role in health care sterile processing and/or infection prevention (private, public, government or military).
- IAHCSMM Certified Healthcare Leader (CHL) certification.
- Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (CBSPD) certification(s).
- Experience in developing and delivering educational materials.
- Experience/aptitude in public speaking delivering technical/clinical presentations.
- Effective communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Microsoft Office proficient.
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by:
1) uploading a resume, OR
2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Contact email: 3M Job contact
Fax: (651) 737-2549
Ref # 1632-1
October 11, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Detroit Medical Center
Department & Position: Central Sterile Processing
Address: 4201 St Antoine
City, State, Zip code: Detroit, MI 48201
The 8 hospitals and institutes of the Detroit Medical Center are defined by innovative medical care and research in areas ranging from cardiology and rehab, to women's services, neurology, orthopedics, perinatology and pediatrics, and many other specialties. Millions of dollars in state-of-the-art facility design, construction and renovation have enhanced efficiency and accessibility for patients, families and staff.
Central Sterile Processing (CSP) is central to the success of a major health system like DMC. At DMC, Central Sterile Processing Coordinators, Instrument Associates/Technicians and OR Liaisons/Coordinators are an integral part of our healthcare team, and a key component of our infection prevention system.
• Instrument Associates/Technicians
• OR Liaisons
• Coordinator, Central Sterile Processing
Choose on of our DMC CSP Department Locations:
• DMC Midtown campus (servicing 3 ORs on this campus)
• DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital (northwest Detroit)
• DMC hurn Valley-Sinai Hospital (Commerce)
• Comprehensive and competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k with employer match)
• Ongoing competency development
• Work with some of the most experienced CSP professionals in the industry
• Free parking
• DMC is an active partner in Detroit's resurgence - Detroit is making a comeback thanks to its unique and resilient culture and major corporate reinvestment.
Job Contact: Denita Redmond
Phone Number: (313) 578-3978
Email for contact: email@example.com
Ref # 1631-3
October 10, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Department & Position: Central Sterile Reprocessing; Manager, Sterile Processing
Address: 580-590 Court Street
City, State, Zip code: Keene, NH 03431
Work Shift: Days/weekends/holiday rotation
This position is responsible for managing budget and staff in the Sterile Processing department. Interprets policies, procedures, standards and regulations, as is appropriate to personnel/nursing and medical staff. Assesses, conducts, plans, and maintains performance improvement activities. Monitors function of staff to meet CDC, OSHA, EPA, AORN, AAMI, and other guidelines and standards as required. Monitors functions of sterilizers, washers, and sonic cleaners through mechanical, biological, and chemical means according to established manufacturer and industry standards.
Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to the duties of the position, graduation from an accredited CS Technician course, and four years of progressively responsible related work experience (preferably in a hospital environment) that demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities, including a minimum of two years in a supervisory or management capacity,
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Project management, process improvement, and customer service training highly desired.
Current CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution) or IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management) certification as a technician.
Job Contact: Sarah Tatro
Phone Number: (603) 354-5400
Email for contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref # 1630-1
October 10, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Department & Position: Manager, Central Sterile Processing
Address: 4940 Eastern Ave.
City, State, Zip code: Baltimore, MD 21224
Work Shift: Full Time (40 hours) 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Responsible for all processes associated with cleaning, assembly and sterilization of surgical instrumentation, as well as some storage and transport of specific instrumentation, surgical sets and patient care equipment. Supervises staff members and plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates certification and other educational programs. In collaboration with educator, develops new training programs to meet organizational as well as departmental needs as determined by needs assessment, regulatory requirements, and other pertinent measures. Develops measurement tools to monitor and report quality and productivity within department, on a regular basis. Reports to the Director of Central Sterile Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prefer candidates with prior experience in sterile processing, manufacturing or factory operational and management experience.
- Professional level of knowledge in educational development and business management.
- Complete understanding of hospital-wide policies and related areas within the Central Sterile Services Department, as well as a knowledge of inventory control, distribution and purchasing, as is normally acquired through five (5) or more years of experience.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding and have worked with a surgical case cart system for a minimum of three (3) years or another assembly line setting. Must have a basic computer skills in software related to materials management, surgical preference lists, and instrument assembly and normal business software applications. Must have advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of hospital management and administration.
- Must understand the different methods of sterilization and be able to demonstrate their use.
- Must be able to operate a variety of equipment related to sterilization and decontamination processes, as well as numerous computer applications and office machines.
- Ability to utilize materials and resources in a cost-effective manner.
Authority/Decision Making Level:
- Schedules employees work assignments to cover the departmental requirements; ensures customer expectations are fully met; holds employees accountable and implements disciplinary action when needed.
- Provides effective leadership for all employees; ensures that services are delivered in a courteous, timely and efficient manner.
- Must have a current Certification from the International or American Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management Organization within one year of hire.
- Identifies, analyzes, and implements solutions to problems, providing feedback for evaluation and as appropriate to those impacted.
- Produces reports reflecting the activities and productivity of employees as well as the department as a whole; assesses performance improvement opportunities; utilizes measurement tools and reports results; uses and understand instructional materials and administers learning assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Bachelor degree in business management or operational science required such as industrial engineering. Master degree preferred. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- Certification in sterile processing required within 1 year of hire, with additional course work in medical terminology, quality assurance, quality control, and business management strongly recommended.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories and practices of training and development, organizational behavior, change management, group dynamics, adult and organizational learning modes is required.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years professional experience in manufacturing or industrial operational management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience with a track record of progression is preferred.
Required Licensure, Certification:
- Must have a current Certification from the International or American Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management Organization within one year of hire.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Ref # 1628-2
September 27, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: EvergreenHealth
Department & Position: Manager of Central Sterilization
City, State, Zip code: Kirkland, WA
EvergreenHealth, an integrated two hospital system headquartered in the vibrant and beautiful Puget Sound area just outside of Seattle, seeks an experienced Manager of Central Sterilization for its main campus Hospital located in Kirkland, WA and includes a 318-bed medical center, four medical specialty buildings and multiple off site medical practices.
The Manager provides leadership for the Central Sterilizing & Processing Department and works in collaboration with other team members to support an optimal and efficient surgical services department. The Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations and activities of the Central Sterilizing & Processing for the EvergreenHealth system which includes 17 operating rooms and multiple off site clinics. The Manager coordinates planning, developing, implementing, coaching, and evaluating the daily activities of the CS department while promoting positive customer relations and an atmosphere of team work and professionalism.
- Plans and integrates functions and services to support EvergreenHealth's goals and priorities while assuring that the standards of operation of the department are in compliance with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, JC and others.
- Builds effective working relationships throughout the organization with purchasing, distribution, managers, staff, physicians, customers, and suppliers.
- Manages organizational resources with fiscal responsibility to promote effective cost-effective utilization.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of Central Sterilizing & Processing.
- Coordinates and supervises daily Central Sterilizing & Processing operations.
- Consults with department heads to assist them with their sterile reprocessed product needs and transport services.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- C.R.C.S.T. certification
- 5 years of experience within Central Sterile Processing, hospital operating room, or equivalent
- 2 years progressive leadership experience in a hospital setting
- Detailed knowledge of identification and proper handling of surgical instrumentation, including assembly of full surgical instrument trays, surgical power equipment, and scopes.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management and a commitment to the provision of cost-effective healthcare
- Prior experience with oversight of flexible endoscope reprocessing programs and high-level disinfection in a Joint Commission or DNV accredited organization
DESIRED for the position:
- Degree in Nursing, either BSN or MSN
- Experience with LEAN concepts and application in a healthcare environment
- Certification in Endoscope Reprocessing (SGNA, IASCHMM, or equivalent)
To apply, please click on the link below:
Tina Wong, Recruiter 425.899.2628
EvergreenHealth Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message or you may call EvergreenHealth in Kirkland, WA U.S.A at (425)899-1740.
Ref # 1622-2
September 25, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: NY Methodist Hospital
Department & Position: Sterile Processing Technician
Work Shift: Any
Address: 3 Maryland Farms, Suite 200
City, State, Zip code: Brentwood, Tennessee 37027
As a Sterile Processing Technician with SpecialtyCare you are responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following infection control practices. It is your responsibility to ensure client satisfaction while also adhering to the highest quality and compliance standards.
- Assure that the standards of operation of the department comply with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Sterilize instruments, equipment, linen and supplies using various types of autoclaves. Load autoclaves in prescribed manner and set controls to specified time and temperature according to the type of items being sterilized.
- Complete appropriate documentation records prior to sterilization and after sterilization is completed.
- Assemble all instrument procedure trays, packs, supply carts following prescribed manner using protocol content lists as a guide, mark items with identifying data and distribute or store in designated areas.
- Dispense products requested by verbal, written or telephone requisitions for equipment and supplies.
- Identify and assign priority to emergency requisitions and required supplies and equipment based on knowledge of procedure requested.
- Replace lost or damaged instruments as required to complete the tray.
- Obtain, complete and submit all forms following the prescribed manner to verify appropriate work assignments
- Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for handling of sterilized, clean materials and equipment.
- May perform other work related duties as assigned..
Contact name: Kimberly Cumberland
Phone number: (615) 345-5597