CBSPD Job Openings
Note: There is a $25 charge (PER POSITION) for jobs posted on this page for a period of ONE month. Additional months are also available for your job openings!
Also note, this page is for positions that are available from hospitals in the CS/SPD areas. Please do not send personal resumes looking for positions as they will not be posted. Thank you.
To have a Job Opening posted on this page, please click HERE.
If you would like to make any modifications to an active job posting, please email the reference number and edits to: jobs(a)cbspd.net All edits will be made within 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays.
Please be advised, the email address on this page is for Job Postings only. If you need to get in touch with a friendly team member, please reach out to us via our Contact Us page.
Ref # 1716-1
August 5, 2021
Hospital/Facility Name: Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital
City, State: Greenport, NY
Country: United States
Position and Department: Central Sterilization Technician
Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital
Scenic Waterview Location. Top technology. Simply a better way of life!
Greenport, Long Island, NY. With 70 beds, Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital (SBELIH) is a full-service, community hospital committed to delivering excellence in patient care and meeting all the health needs of the North Fork and Shelter Island. A campus of Stony Brook University Hospital, SBELIH provides regional health programs serving the greater Suffolk County area. Centers of excellence include Medical-Surgical, Advanced Ambulatory Care, Behavioral Health, Emergency, Geriatric, Diagnostic Services, Physical Therapy and Gastrointestinal Services.
At SBELIH, you work with world-renowned hospitalists, physicians who specialize in inpatient medicine and taking care of hospitalized patients in place of a primary care provider. SBELIH is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and has been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval. Enjoy the perks of small-town community life, where neighbors care for neighbors. We currently seek a Central Sterilization Technician to join our dynamic team. You will:
- Ensure that instruments used by all medical personnel are clean and sterile.
- Perform manual cleaning and use of washer prior to sterilization, placing cleaned instruments in sterilizers such as autoclaves and sterrad.
- Examine equipment for defects and reports problems to manager or staff, tests autoclaves and washer and records the results,
- Assemble instrument trays, distributes supplies and ensures that sterile processing unit is clean and ready for shifts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least two (2) years of Central Sterile background experience.
- Completion of Central Sterile Tech program or certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification preferred.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package. Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital, 201 Manor Place, Greenport, NY 11944.
Find your Ideal Lifestyle! SBELIH is located on the North Fork in the sunny, picturesque, waterfront town of Greenport. We are just minutes away from the most spectacular beaches in the country, over 60 award-winning vineyards, quaint rural farms, museums and a waterpark, making the quality of living here extraordinary. Here, you can enjoy Boating, Swimming, Hiking, Cycling, Golf, Tennis, Waterfront Dining. http://www.northfork.org/ | http://northforkchamber.org/ | http://www.greenportvillage.com/
An EOE m/f/d/v
Central Sterile Technicians, please send CV to: ELIH_HR@stonybrookmedicine.edu or FAX to: 631.477.5822
Ref # 1715-1
July 22, 2021
Hospital/Facility Name: MultiCare Capital Medical Center
City, State: Olympia, WA
Country: United States
Position and Department: CS Tech or Lead CS Tech
Work Shift: Day or Evening
Position Summary: Assumes responsibility for the processing of departmental supplies, instruments, and equipment through cleaning, packaging, sterilization, and storing procedures. Operate autoclaves, sterrad, washer, sterilizer, ultrasonic washer, and all other processing services and supplies. Assist in inventory control and procurement.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Vocational / Technical education
• 0-3 years experience preferred
Central Sterile Technician Certification required
MultiCare is a not-for-profit healthcare system with roots that go back well over 100 years. Today, we are the largest community-based, locally governed health system in the state of Washington with more than 20,000 employees. We are committed to our mission — partnering for healing and a healthy future — and the dedication to the health of the many communities we serve.
To inquire about this career opportunity, send emails to: Kathryn.Duby@multicare.org
Ref # 1714-1
July 16, 2021
Hospital/Facility Name: Houston Methodist - Baytown Hospital
City, State: Baytown, TX
Country: United States
Position and Department: Sterile Processing Tech II (Evenings)
Work Shift: On Call
Position Summary: Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital is seeking a Sterile Processing Tech to join our exceptional team in Baytown. At Houston Methodist, the Sterile Processing Technician II is responsible for maintaining high standards for decontamination, assembly, inspecting, wrapping, and sterilization of surgical instruments and medical equipment for Surgical Services and all ancillary departments, which includes working in conjunction with the Operating Room (OR) staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and case carts where applicable. This position maintains consistent and continuous workflow between the OR and Sterile Processing while practicing excellent customer service. The Sterile Processing Technician Tech II must be certified, and therefore should demonstrate advanced knowledge of sterilization techniques, surgical instruments, and an in-depth understanding of the Sterile Processing Department's relationship with other departments within the hospital.
• High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.).
• Two (2) years of sterile processing experience.
• Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification through International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) OR Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) certification through Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (CBSPD).
• Independently demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
• Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
• Follows Universal Precautions by wearing the appropriate protective attire while working in the Decontamination area.
• Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
• Ability to utilize basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office and electronic instrument tracking system, if applicable.
• Demonstrates problem-solving and critical thinking, and makes decisions using analytical approach.
• Demonstrates proper phone etiquette when responding to inquiries made to the department.
• Completes department and institutional competencies within established required timelines.
Bring your knowledge and experience to a new career, backed by a system that will take you further.
About Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital:
At Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, you’ll experience personal fulfillment while advancing your own career working as part of an innovative health care organization. Build your career caring for those who mean the most to you: friends, neighbors and family. Located in Baytown, Texas, just a short drive from downtown Houston, Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital brings the highest caliber of quality health care close to home.
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of female, minority, disability and veterans.
Ref # 1713-1
July 15, 2021
Hospital/Facility Name: Northside Hospital
City, State: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Position and Department: Instrument Technician II
Work Shift: Varies
- The Instrument Technician II will be responsible for disinfecting, sterilizing, and assembling surgical instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Position is characterized by the ability to recognize surgical instruments and surgical instrument trays typically assembled in applicable area.
- Care and/or service is provided for, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- This event will be open for Atlanta, Forsyth and Cherokee campuses!
- (2) two years + Sterile Processing experience.
- Ability to identify instruments and assemble routine and specialty instrument trays typically assembled in assigned area with the ability to function independently. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Meridian Mark OPSC is a 6 OR Outpatient Surgery center with 23 hour extended recovery.
- Specializing in ENT, GYN, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, plastics and urology procedures.
No License/Certification Requirements
Weekend and On-Call Requirements Apply
Ref # 1712-1
July 15, 2021
Hospital/Facility Name: Cook Children's Healthcare System
City, State: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Position and Department: Sterile Process & Instrument Technician II
Work Shift: 1st/2nd/3rd
Instrument Technician II is responsible for performing and monitoring a variety of duties in relation to decontamination, preparation / assembly, sterilization, and distribution of trays and sets, equipment, and supplies in the sterile processing without direct supervision. Performs routine cleaning and preventative maintenance of department equipment. Participates in and monitors distribution of supplies to customers maintaining excellent customer service. Maintains and prevents cross contamination by observing dress codes, environmental policies and traffic control.
Education & Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent is required, some college education or advanced training (certified instrument specialist, etc...) is desired.
Experience as an instrument technician of a minimum 2 years is mandatory.
Knowledge of aseptic technique, proper sterilization procedures, decontamination and assembly procedures per IAHCSMM, AAMI, AORN, AST, OSHA, JCAHO, The Joint commission, safety standards, hospital and departmental policies and procedures, generally as related to the Sterile Processing department.
Knowledge of surgical procedures, surgical instruments, sets and trays to include instruments, classification, disassembly, and cleaning procedure.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
Current HeartSaver Certification within 30 days of hire and maintained.
Certification in a national organization for sterile processing is required (CRCST or CBSPD). Failure to maintain certification will result in demotion to Sterile Processing Technician I.
Cook Children's Healthcare System is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V