CBSPD Job Openings
Note: There is a $25 charge (PER POSITION) for jobs posted on this page for a period of ONE month.
Now additional months are available for your job openings!!
Also note, this page is for positions that are available from hospitals in the CS/SPD areas. Please do not send personal resumes looking for positions as they will not be posted. Thank you.
*To have a Job Opening posted on this page, please click HERE.
Ref # 1644-2
December 9, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Southeastern Health
Address 300 W 27th St.
City, State, Zipcode: Lumberton, SC 28358
Country: United States
Position: Surgical Services- Sterile Processing Supervisor
Shifts: Day shift (8AM-5PM)
About Southeastern Health:
Located in Lumberton NC, Southeastern Health thrives as a non-profit organization, is a comprehensive health care system which offers a wide array of health care services through its affiliated divisions. Southeastern Health is licensed for 452 beds and includes Southeastern Regional Medical Center, a DNV GL – Healthcare accredited hospital which offers a combination of acute care, intensive care and psychiatric services to more than 16,000 inpatients and 65,000 emergency patients annually. Lumberton is conveniently located on I-95 about 20 miles north of the South Carolina state border and 75 minutes from N.C. and S.C. beaches. Lumberton has four airports nearby in Fayetteville (20 minutes north), Raleigh (1 1/2 hour north), Myrtle Beach (75 minutes east) and Charlotte 2 1/2 hours west).
- In collaboration with, and as delegated by the Manager assists with the utilization and coordination of unit duties.
- Monitors and evaluates the daily operation of the unit.
- Provides or coordinates, orientation, training and staff development for Central Service staff.
- Assumes responsibility for administrative management of the unit in the absence of the Manager.
- Also performs duties of a Central Sterile CST on a routine basis.
- Demonstration of current knowledge and adequate relevant experience in health care or hospital related work.
- Participate in continuing education programs and courses, including programs on federal and local regulations; personnel and material management programs; programs on financial management and leadership skills; and courses directly to the management position, with special emphasis on infection control, safety, and the principles and methods of sterile processing: demonstration of comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations, Particularly OSHA regulation standards related occupational exposure to blood-borne pathogens (29 CFR 1910.1030), including the specified methods of compliance, such as exposure control plan, the use of standard/transmission-based (enhanced) precautions, and engineering work-practice controls.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, TRAINING and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Required: High school graduate; Graduate of a Certified Surgical Technology Program with certification (CST).
- 5 years experience in Operating Room with knowledge of Central Service duties.
- Highly knowledgeable and proficient in all sterile procedures to include preparation and sterilization activities, including decontamination, documentation, inspection, preparation packaging, sterilization, storage and distribution of sterile items to include out-based clinics.
PREFERRED: Certification in International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).
Job Contact: Tammy McDuffie
Email for Job Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (910) 272-3024
Ref # 1643-1
December 5, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Beverly Hospital
Address 85 Herrick Street
City, State, Zipcode: Beverly, Massachusetts 01915
Country: United States
Position: Central Sterile
Beth Israel Lahey Health @ Beverly Hospital, promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
Beverly Hospital is a Level III Trauma Center, Stroke Service Hospital and Emergent Percutaneous Cardiac Intervention Center. We serve as the primary point of entry for patients accessing these services. The department is staffed with at least one Emergency Medicine Board Certified Physician and Mid-Level Clinician at all times.
• Free Parking, no shuttles needed!!!
• Benefits offered for any hours over 20 per week
• Voluntary Insurance choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Auto and Home and Pet Insurance available
• Lahey Outpatient Pharmacy Benefits
• Paid Time OFF or (PTO)
This is a 40 hour per week evening shift from 3PM to 11PM
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience as a Certified Sterile Central Technician.
• Must be a graduate of an accredited OR Sterile Central Technician program.
Job contact: Saphia Himid
Job contact email: email@example.com
Phone number: (978) 236-1786
Ref # 1642-1
November 22, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Mount Sinai South Nassau Hospital
City, State, Zipcode: Oceanside, NY
Country: United States
Position: Central Sterilization Technician
Shifts: Full Time, Per Diem & Evening
Transcend Your Career to a Higher Level
Oceanside, NY. Situated on the sunny south shore of western Long Island, minutes from Jones Beach and thirty minutes from NYC, is an exceptional Hospital focused on quality and excellence, one that celebrates professional achievement and a passion for patients . . . Mount Sinai South Nassau. The Long Island flagship hospital of the Mount Sinai Health System, Mount Sinai South Nassau is designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for outstanding nursing care. South Nassau is one of the region’s largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care in cardiac, oncologic, orthopedic, bariatric, pain management, mental health and emergency services.
We are an award-winning, 455-bed, acute care, not-for-profit teaching hospital located in Oceanside. Our dedicated staff serves the entire South Shore with world-class surgeons and residents, a Newly Certified Level ll Trauma Center and baby-friendly designation.
We are currently seeking full time, per diem and evening Certified Central Sterile Technicians to identify, sort and process materials handled for the Delivery, Operating & Endoscopy Rooms. Must operate required sterilization equipment, communicate to client & departments and perform decontamination activities.
• High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent
• CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician)
• Minimum of 1-year relevant experience
• Experience in a Hospital setting
• Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and basic medical/surgical supplies.
• Knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Great benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance, generous tuition reimbursement, part-time and full-time pensions, vacation and sick days and much more!
For immediate consideration, please apply online at: South Nassau Careers
Job# 182247 (Full Time), Job# 182909 (Per Diem), Job# 182161 (Evening).
Mount Sinai South Nassau is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status. EOE M/F/D/V.
Ref # 1641-1
November 20, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Maine Medical Center
Address: 22 Bramhall St.
City, State, Zipcode: Portland, ME 04102
Country: United States
Position: Sterile Processing Educator
Maine Medical Center is seeking a Sterile Processing Educator in Portland, Maine. This is a great opportunity to work in a large, fast-paced environment with a close-knit team of motivated technicians who are passionate about their work. The Sterile Processing Educator will be able to create and implement a training program as well as mentor less experienced team members while helping to enhance the skills of experienced team members. This position; develops a schedule for orientation of all new personnel, meets with orientees to regularly assess progress and provide feedback, collaborates with the Staff Development Specialist concerning ongoing education projects for the team, conducts in-services and develops educational experiences, including a list of competencies to assist teams with use of new equipment, development of new skills and advancement along the professional ladder, including attaining certification.
• Board-certified Surgical Technologist.
• 4 years of operating room experience.
• Leadership and interpersonal skills at a level that involves training, evaluating, and, educating staff.
• Expertise in decontamination and sterilization processes and practices.
• Undergraduate degree preferred or matriculation in an undergrad program.
For more information, please click here or visit Maine Health Careers.
About Maine Medical Center:
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and Northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Ref # 1640-2
November 8, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Sterile Edge Inc.
Address: 1201 Pacific Ave., Suite #619
City, State, Zipcode: Tacoma, WA 98402
Country: United States
Department & Position: CSSD Site Manager.
2 Positions available, 1 in New Jersey (Morristown area) and 1 in Washington (Seattle Tacoma Area)
The site manager is responsible for providing leadership for the Central Sterilization Service Department and all facets of sterile processing and site supply chain functions. This includes the initiation and completion of operational plans and logistics, as well as, staff selection that ensure quality while utilizing available resources efficiently and in alignment with the Sterile Edge Inc. mission, vision, and values. Service our customers/partners which include hospitals, clinics, outpatient/ASC and other outside customers. The operations manager is accountable for:
- Ensuring customer and patient satisfaction through infection control processes, sterility assurance and product availability, each in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Managing the decontamination, processing, and sterilization of surgical instrumentation.
- Assuring that appropriate practices and methods are maintained according to manufacturer recommendations, departmental policies and compliance with standards set by regulatory agencies and professional associations.
- Establishing and maintaining quality control systems, including appropriate documentation.
- Providing the necessary resources, assistance, and leadership to all Central Services team members for them to complete their work.
- Overseeing instrument inventory and supply chain management workflows, including maintenance and effective use of associated technology/computer systems for instrument and materials management, tracking and reporting.
- Continually evaluating and improving processes associated with the efficient delivery of case carts and associated materials; leverages technology and feedback to improve customer service and quality.
- Managing employee utilization, productivity, competence and morale.
- Capable of developing highly effective teams, promoting engagement and accountability and fostering an environment of transparency and consistency.
- Fiscal accountability for Facility.
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Baccalaureate degree in related area required. Masters degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Health or related field preferred.
Certified Central Service Technician through one of the accredited programs such as IAHCSMM or CBSPD.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience in a tertiary acute care hospital with extensive experience in preparation of reusable instruments and MIS technologies commonly used in surgical and invasive procedure settings and at least 3 years of demonstrated management competence in sterile processing, supply chain management and the surgical environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in both sterile processing and supply chain management.
- Experience in change management, customer relations, quality improvement and employee relations required.
- General knowledge and practice in handling human resource matters, career planning and staff educational progression.
- The operations manager must demonstrate advanced knowledge of the instrument and patient portable equipment process including decontamination, preparation, sterilization, and distribution of surgical instruments, trays, equipment and all related standards.
- Conversant with the scientific literature regarding all the current methodologies for instrument maintenance, sterilization, disinfection and management.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of surgical instruments and power systems.
- Knowledge of and ability to differentiate between contaminated, clean and the other phases that render surgical items ready to use.
- The operations manager must possess proficient skills and knowledge of lean process improvement methodologies as they relate to the management of supplies and other Central Services related workflows.
- Must possess the skills and characteristics necessary to lead a team of operations supervisors to achieve goals consistent with organizational priorities.
- Must be able to develop effective relationships to support all aspects of patient care across all disciplines and services.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven ability to learn and understand different system technologies including a basic knowledge of an instrument tracking system.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Must be able to build and execute a progressive vision for the Central Services Department operations.
- Must be able to evaluate reports and performance indicators to effectively utilize both human and financial resources to drive continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Must have excellent human relations and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently without supervision.
- Must work well in teams.
- Must have the ability to motivate others to achieve higher levels of knowledge and performance.
- Must have the ability to train and mentor others.
- Must be able to supervise/direct the work of others.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem-solve.
- Must be able to adjust work hours to meet the needs of the department.
- Must be able to change work priorities as dictated by the needs of the department.
- Must work well under pressure, being able to prioritize multiple tasks and/or requests for service.
Sterile Edge Inc.
MISSION: Delivering optimal patient care through best in practice sterilization solutions
VISION: Partnering with healthcare systems and manufacturers to provide sterilization solutions from dedicated stand-alone locations to significantly minimize surgical infection complications which will reduce patient risk factors and drive procedure throughput while minimizing cost
STRATEGY AND EXECUTION PLAN: Deliver a patient linked, transparent and standardized sterilization service that mitigates infection risk using technology, data and world-class processes for providers and manufacturers for any episode of care regardless of site of care
Job Contact: John Harper
Job Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (360) 850-5021
Fax: (253) 203-3211
Ref # 1639-1
November 8, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: LeeSar/CSF
Address: 2727 Winkler Avenue
City, State, Zip code: Fort Myers, FL
Country: United States
Department & Position: Executive Director of Sterile Processing
- Responsible for the overall mission and strategic vision of LeeSar Regional Service Center (LeeSar) in providing sterile processing services to Lee Health (LH) and other member locations as required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Off-site Reprocessing Center (ORC) and Sterile Processing Turn Centers (found at each LH care site) in addition to Surgical Pack Operations.
- Ensures adherence to standards of practice as established by OSHA, FDA, AORN, DNV, and AAMI.
- Responsible for the leadership of SPD technicians and support staff, management of an $11M annual budget and accountability for maintaining highest standards for quality, accuracy, and timeliness in providing sterile products with a zero tolerance for defects.
- The Executive Director also supports the mission, vision, and values of Lee Health, and reports dotted line to a senior LH executive.
MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
Advance the mission of our members to improve the health of patients and communities we serve.
Provide world class supply chain services that position members for success in a value-based healthcare market.
- Develops short term and long term goals that are in alignment with LeeSar and LH’s strategic objectives through a dyad partnership with the LH System Director, Surgical Process Standardization.</
- Develops capital budget (operational expense including supplies, equipment and labor) which reflects anticipated expenditures/resources to meet initiatives and flexible staffing based on volume.
- Reviews budgeted recommendations with supervisor for approval.
- Analyzes, resolves and reports variances between budgeted and actual supply and expense lines with monthly monitoring fluctuations in volume.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities involved in the acquisition, decontamination, storage, assembly, cleaning and sterilization of medical, surgical and related supplies, materialsand equipment utilized.
- Serves as a resource for information regarding proper sterilization techniques, product information, and equipment operation, as required by other healthcare team members.
- Ensures that sterilization processes are compliant with State, Federal and applicable accreditation laws/guidelines.
- Ensures collection, cleaning, quality control, sterilization and distribution of instruments and materials necessary for operation.
- Maintains, prioritizes, and expedites work flow with adherence to the Quality Management System.
- Maintains expertise and acts as primary resource for sterile processing related needs and issues.
- Oversees interviewing, selecting, training and assigning work to employees; evaluates employee performance and recommends salary adjustments.
- Counsels management as well as employees and performs corrective action, up to and including termination. Resolves employee related issues and concerns as they arise.
- Ensures annual development plan for each employee is established.
- Provides direction on departmental educational plan, providing feedback, as needed, and sets an example by being a role model for department staff.
- Supports the organizations efforts of preventing the spread of microorganisms among patients, personnel and visitors; staff will demonstrate knowledge and application of standard precautions and the 5 types of transmission based precautions (contact, droplet, special respiratory, airborne, and neutropenic).
- Ensures staff is appropriately trained in the principles of aseptic technique, sterilization, disinfection, instrument recognition and tray assembly, ensuring adherence to established standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepares clear, well-organized, complete and timely written communications.
Interacts on all shifts with unit personnel.
- Attends meetings and facilitates staff attendance at hospital required committees.
- Provides mechanism for staff representation to report back to unit.
- Participates actively in leadership council and OR Management Committees.
- Disseminates information to staff. Uses verbal communication which is clear, concise and timely.
- Is an effective listener, demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and provides feedback in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with LH’s Organizational Transformation department to establish area based indicators and monitors.
- Reports findings to the primary point of contact from Organizational Transformation and recommends plan of action.
- Develops, implements, and monitors adherence to established quality standards, guidelines, and philosophy of Lean Management.
- Addresses concerns regarding instrumentation, equipment and case cart supplies with clinical and non-clinical departments to ensure proper root-cause resolution of problem.
- Communicates with customers to maintain and enhance relationships, to improve services and to maintain an understanding of clinical operations and related issues.
- Coordinates ordering of instrumentation for preference card requirement with SPD supervisory staff and clinical managers.
- Works with vendors to ensure that instrumentation is current and trade-outs with new technology are accomplished.
- With the LH System Director, Surgical Process Standardization, coordinates the standardization of instrument trays across the Lee Health.
- Works closely with the OR staff in all hospitals to suggest changes and develop standardization where possible.
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of departmental supply chain logistics, including the internal movement of all materials from entry to the point of use.
- Facilitates and supports strategic vendor relationships.
- Ensures routine maintenance is performed on washer- disinfectors, steam and low temperature hydrogen peroxide sterilizers and cart washer (including education and review of function and operation with employees of sterile processing).
- Monitors stability of work force as indicated by turnover rate, staff feedback and exit interviews. Facilitates the completion of time schedules according to written guidelines.
- Apprises supervisors and staff of potential shift problems.
- Reviews employee attendance on an ongoing basis.
- Analyzes trends and identifies problems. Initiates corrective measures to reduce absenteeism and tardiness.
- Monitors work flow and quality of service provided to customers
- Establishes and maintains all policies and procedures required in sterile processing in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Administers policies and procedures that contribute to the accomplishment of financial, material and human resource objectives and ensure all staff is trained and compliant to established policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and certification from a recognized accreditation school such as IAHCSMM (International Association of Health Care Central Service Materiel Management) or CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution) is required. A Master’s Degree in Health Related Field or Business Administration is strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the following standards: AAMI, AORN, FDA, DNV, OSHA.
- Possess strong computer skills including proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Requires effective communication and team development skills.
- Ability to exercise analytical judgment with strong teamwork approach.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and manage staff and customers.
- Extensive knowledge of sterilization methods, case cart deployment, supply chain logistics and surgical instruments is required.
Requires 10 years of experience in sterile processing or equivalent for a multi-hospital system, including at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity. Experience should demonstrate effective leadership, management, and organizational skills. Must have acquired knowledge of decontamination, and sterilization processes, case cart systems and medical/surgical supplies & equipment. Proven experience in team engagement and process improvement.
- Visual acuity necessary to accurately type, file and proof-read documents and ensure accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of job.
- Ability to perform job tasks with our without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to safely drive and be present at customer sites as needed.
- Hours for this position may flex depending on business needs.
- Ability to work primarily in a seated position with frequent standing, walking, reaching, holding, grasping. Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs, carrying, kneeling, climbing.
- Manual dexterity necessary to perform tasks such as typing, filing, sorting, writing and using keyboards, telephones and other office equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Works in sterile processing and operating room environments.
- Some exposure to contaminated equipment, supplies, and instruments may occasionally occur.
- Such hazards are minimized when established safety procedures are followed.
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Name: Yohana Rothenberg
Ref # 1636-2
November 1, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Riverside Health System
Address: 500 J Clyde Morris Blvd
City, State, Zip code: Newport News, Virginia 23601
Country: United States
Department & Position: Instrument Room Coordinator Sterile Processings
Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News, Virginia is currently seeking a full-time Instrument Room Coordinator for in the Sterile Processing dDepartment.
Hours: Nights, 11PM-7AM
Job Summary: Works under the supervision of the SPD Manager. Ensures the provision of competent services by assisting in validating staff competencies in accordance with AORN/AAMI guidelines. Displays knowledge of growth and development principles and provide direction according to policy & procedure. Maintains a safe working environment for staff/customers.Assists in the daily operations by assigning staff duties and flexing staff to departmental volumes. Creates and maintains the SPD staff schedule. Coordinates the SPD supply ordering process by maintaining a par level and performing weekly orders.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: 1 year experience required. 2 years experience preferred.
Certification: Sterile Processing or Surgical Technology Certification required.
To apply for this position, please go to our website at Riverside Medical Center website or click on the following direct link to the position:
Riverside began serving the Virginia Peninsula community in 1916. In 1963, Riverside moved to the present 72-acre location in Newport News on J. Clyde Morris Boulevard. A 450-bed facility, Riverside Regional Medical Center is the Virginia Peninsulas most comprehensive medical facility combining the most recent computerized medical technology with a healing environment. The Pavilion is a 250,000 sq. ft., $107 million, 3-story addition to Riverside Regional Medical Center, which opened in 2013. This acute care facility provides a regional cancer care center, the Peninsula regions only comprehensive stroke center, the areas only open-heart surgery program, the regions only Level II Trauma Center, and a cornerstone neurosciences program that includes the Chesapeake, Riverside and University of Virginia Radiosurgery Center.
Ref # 1631-3
October 10, 2019
Hospital/Facility Name: Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Department & Position: Central Sterile Reprocessing; Manager, Sterile Processing
Address: 580-590 Court Street
City, State, Zip code: Keene, NH 03431
Work Shift: Days/weekends/holiday rotation
This position is responsible for managing budget and staff in the Sterile Processing department. Interprets policies, procedures, standards and regulations, as is appropriate to personnel/nursing and medical staff. Assesses, conducts, plans, and maintains performance improvement activities. Monitors function of staff to meet CDC, OSHA, EPA, AORN, AAMI, and other guidelines and standards as required. Monitors functions of sterilizers, washers, and sonic cleaners through mechanical, biological, and chemical means according to established manufacturer and industry standards.
Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to the duties of the position, graduation from an accredited CS Technician course, and four years of progressively responsible related work experience (preferably in a hospital environment) that demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities, including a minimum of two years in a supervisory or management capacity,
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Project management, process improvement, and customer service training highly desired.
Current CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution) or IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management) certification as a technician.
Job Contact: Sarah Tatro
Phone Number: (603) 354-5400
Email for contact: email@example.com