CBSPD Job Openings
Note: There is a $25 charge (PER POSITION) for jobs posted on this page for a period of ONE month. Additional months are also available for your job openings!
Also note, this page is for positions that are available from hospitals in the CS/SPD areas. Please do not send personal resumes looking for positions as they will not be posted. Thank you.
To have a Job Opening posted on this page, please click HERE.
If you would like to make any modifications to an active job posting, please email the reference number and edits to: jobs(a)cbspd.net All edits will be made within 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays.
Please be advised, the email address on this page is for Job Postings only. If you need to get in touch with a friendly team member, please reach out to us via our Contact Us page.
Ref # 1659-1
March 26, 2020
Hospital/Facility Name: Emory Healthcare
City, State, Zip code: Atlanta, GA 30329
Country: United States
Position: Sterile Processing Tech
Shifts: Full Time- Various Shifts
At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We’re empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we’re eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world. We’ve got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We are hiring experienced Sterile Processing Techs at:
*Emory University Hospital
*Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
*Emory Midtown Hospital
*Emory Decatur Hospital
*Emory Johns Creek Hospital
We’re defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?
- Provides on-site support for the reprocessing of surgical instruments and sets to contracted facilities in compliance with the Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facility's goals and policies.
- Supports daily operations of all activities that relate to the reprocessing of reusable medical supplies and instrumentation including decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilization, and storage processes within all set professional standards and regulations.
- At the direction of the Manager may participate in new IMS employee orientation and on the job training.
- Understands and promotes concepts of the Lean work environment.
- Communicates in a professional manner to all hospital staff and company employees.
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities to IMS leadership.
- Reports broken instrumentation and equipment and communicates low par levels of SPD consumable supplies.
- Exhibits professional behavior in all personal, telephone and electronic communications.
- Represents IMS, self and profession positively in all public arenas.
- Supports and adheres to IMS policies and procedures and supports policies and procedures of facility.
- Adheres to IMS / facility dress requirements and is neat and well-groomed at all times.
- Arrives at facility at the scheduled time and is consistently ready for work assignments.
- Participates in in-services and educational offerings provided by IMS in the facility.
- Promotes best demonstrated practices with co-workers through open communication and continuous improvement of skills.
- Follows chain of command within hospital and IMS regarding identified problems or issues to ensure proper communication and resolution.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Active certification in sterile processing/central sterile via CBSPD or IAHCSMM or two years of experience in lieu of certification.
- Extensive knowledge of instrumentation.
- Ability to act as a resource for staff in both SPD and OR regarding identification and assembly of specialty instruments and trays.
- Completion of a Sterile Processing/Surgical Technologist program preferred.
- Basic computer skills and aptitude required.
- Ability to work daily in a fast-paced Healthcare Services environment.
- Ability to perform tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality.
- May be required to work various shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime hours.
Be sure to submit an application using the following link: Explore this career opportunity
Ref # 1642-1-UPDATED
March 21, 2020
Hospital/Facility Name: Mount Sinai South Nassau Hospital
City, State, Zip code: Oceanside, NY
Country: United States
Position: Central Sterilization Technician
Shifts: Full Time & Part Time
Transcend Your Career to a Higher Level
Oceanside, NY. Situated on the sunny south shore of western Long Island, minutes from Jones Beach and thirty minutes from NYC, is an exceptional Hospital focused on quality and excellence, one that celebrates professional achievement and a passion for patients . . . Mount Sinai South Nassau. The Long Island flagship hospital of the Mount Sinai Health System, Mount Sinai South Nassau is designated a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for outstanding nursing care. South Nassau is one of the region’s largest hospitals, with 455 beds, more than 900 physicians and 3,500 employees. Located in Oceanside, NY, the hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art care in cardiac, oncologic, orthopedic, bariatric, pain management, mental health and emergency services.
We are an award-winning, 455-bed, acute care, not-for-profit teaching hospital located in Oceanside. Our dedicated staff serves the entire South Shore with world-class surgeons and residents, a Newly Certified Level ll Trauma Center and baby-friendly designation.
We are currently seeking full-time, part-time and evening Certified Central Sterile Technicians to identify, sort, and process materials handled for the Delivery, Operating & Endoscopy Rooms. Must operate required sterilization equipment, communicate to client & departments and perform decontamination activities.
• High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent
• CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician)
• Minimum of 1-year relevant experience
• Experience in a Hospital setting
• Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and basic medical/surgical supplies.
• Knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Great benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance, generous tuition reimbursement, part-time and full-time pensions, vacation and sick days and much more!
For immediate consideration, please apply online at: Explore this career opportunity
Job# 200170 (Full-Time - Evenings), Job# 171630 (Part-Time).
Mount Sinai South Nassau is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status. EOE M/F/D/V.
Ref # 1658-1
March 18, 2020
Hospital/Facility Name: Froedtert Hospital
Address: W180 N8085, Town Hall Rd
City, State, Zip code: Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Country: United States
Position: STERILE PROCESSING - STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
Shift: 2nd shift
Come join our award winning team! See What Is Possible….
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin's only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, an internationally recognized training and research center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW Health Network, which includes five hospitals, more than 1,700 physicians and nearly 40 health centers and clinics, draws patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
Froedtert Health has been widely recognized for our dedication to our staff, providing a work environment full of encouragement, innovation, collaboration and respect.
Our best-in-class wellness program has earned us recognition in the Milwaukee Business Journal as a Healthiest Employer and a Gold Well Workplace award from the Wellness Council of America.
We invite you to review the job posting below. If you meet the requirements and qualifications for this opportunity, you are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for considering a career with Froedtert Health!
Location: US: WI: MENOMONEE FALLS at our FROEDTERT MEN FALLS HOSPITAL facility.
*1.0 FTE is Full-Time, any position less than 1.0 FTE is Part-Time, and .001 FTE is Optional Part-Time*
*Positions with an "FTE" (full time equivalency) of .8 - 1.0 are eligible for full-time medical, dental and vision benefits. Positions with an "FTE" of .5 - .799 are eligible for part-time pro-rated medical, dental and vision benefits*
$1,000 sign-on bonus available for qualified candidates.
- Under general supervision, performs routine tasks relating to the decontamination, processing, sterilization, and distribution of instruments, equipment and sterile supplies.
- Operates and monitors cleaning/sterilization equipment.
- Maintains records in compliance with AAMI, AORN, Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year of related healthcare experience is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of Central Sterile coursework preferred.
- Certification-Sterile Processing is preferred.
- Ability to read and write is necessary to comprehend and follow equipment operating instructions, IFUs, and complete required documentation.
- Basic arithmetic calculations necessary to count instruments is required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Problem-solving and good communication skills are required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. As a federal contractor/subcontractor, we take affirmative action in employment based on race, sex, disability and status as a protected veteran. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply for this career opportunity: Learn more
Ref # 1657-1
March 11, 2020
Hospital/Facility Name: Global Dynamics LLC - Atlanta GA
City, State, Zip code: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Position: Sterile Supply Technician
Shift: Sunday to Saturday: 3:30pm to 12:00am; every other weekend.
Qualifications: All candidates must have a CBSPD Certification. In addition:
a. Employee shall have extensive knowledge of the complete range of surgical implementation, surgical tray assembly, manufacturer’s maintenance requirements, disposable and reusable medical equipment and instrumentation.
b. Employee shall be aware of changing guidelines and regulations as they apply to the decontamination and sterile supply operation.
c. Employee shall be aware of and comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, SPS Procedures and infection control standards.
d. Employee shall be skilled in individual recognition of thousands of instruments and can logically arrange trays that permit effective penetration of the sterilizing medium, aseptic retrieval and arrangements which allow for surgical use per the sequence of events during surgical procedures.
e. Employee shall understand the basic principles of aseptic technique, microbiology and infection control as they apply to medical supply operation, knowledge of prevention of cross contamination and the critical contamination and the critical nature of nosocomial infection related to the importance of clean and sterile supplies to the treatment and care of patients.
f. Employee shall have a thorough knowledge of aseptic principles and techniques, including cleaning techniques, sterilization mediums, sterilizer operation, proper packaging to assure sterility, tests to determine the effectiveness of sterilization, storage, and stock rotation, inspection, and shelf-life characteristics.
g. Employee shall have a good working knowledge of the availability, economics, use, operation, maintenance, assembly, and disassembly of the full range of medical supplies, surgical instruments and sets, medical equipment, sophisticated decontamination and sterilization equipment and procedures and the specific disinfection, sterilization, storage and handling requirements of each.
h. Employee shall have a basic understanding of medical and surgical terminology, therapeutic procedures and of human anatomy and physiology.
i. Employee shall understand basic computer terminology and be capable of operating computer systems and microprocessors.
Employee shall rotate assignments among various Sterile Processing Services as specified under the terms of the contract. Assignments may include decontamination, instrument and surgical tray assembly, sterilization, and case cart preparation in a continually changing medical and surgical facility. Personnel may be allowed to work overtime hours if a need arises within the department.
The employee shall operate decontamination, high level disinfection, duties in reprocessing or monitoring critical and semi-critical Reusable Medical Equipment (RME) sterilization equipment as well as desktop computer systems under supervision. Additional Job duties are as follows:
-ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION
-CASE CART PREPARATION AREA
Apply online: Explore this career opportunity
Ref # 1656-1
March 3, 2020
Hospital/Facility Name: University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopedic Institute
Address: 2200 Kernan Drive
City, State, Zip code: Baltimore, MD
Country: United States
Position: Sterile Processing Manager
What You Will Do:
- Serves as leader, role model, change agent and operational manager of departmental and financial activities for Central Sterile Department.
- Oversees the provision of instrument processing services for the Operating Rooms and Inpatient and Ambulatory Units in accordance with AAMI, AORN, and TJC Standards and Recommendations and consistent with the mission and values of University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopedic Institute (UM Rehab & Ortho ).
- Accountable to leadership, health care team, patients and families for processes and outcomes during an episode of care.
- Serves as a fully engaged member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in cost effective strategies that optimize patient care and improve outcomes.
- Extends courtesy and support to all employees, patients, families and visitors in accordance with UM Rehab & Ortho's Service Standards.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- CPR certification is required.
- BS in related field required.
- Certified in Sterile Processing from a recognized association including, but not limited to: International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) or National Institute for the Certification of Healthcare Sterile Processing and Distribution Personnel (NICHSPDP).
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in operating room and/or central sterile processing required.
- 3 – 5 years supervisory experience required.
Apply online at: Explore this career opportunty
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.