CBSPD Job Openings
Note: There is a $25 charge (PER POSITION) for jobs posted on this page for a period of ONE month. Additional months are also available for your job openings!
Also note, this page is for positions that are available from hospitals in the CS/SPD areas. Please do not send personal resumes looking for positions as they will not be posted. Thank you.
To have a Job Opening posted on this page, please click HERE.
If you would like to make any modifications to an active job posting, please email the reference number and edits to: jobs(a)cbspd.net All edits will be made within 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays.
Please be advised, the email address on this page is for Job Postings only. If you need to get in touch with a friendly team member, please reach out to us via our Contact Us page.
Ref # 1724-2
October 19, 2021
Hospital/Facility Name: Great Falls Clinic Hospital
City, State: Great Falls, MT
Country: United States
Position and Department: Sterile Processing - 10K Retention Bonus
Responsible for all instrument processing activities, including decontamination, disinfection and sterilization of all instruments and appropriate supplies for future surgical use.
SHIFT: Full Time, Variable Shifts
High School Diploma or GED.
3-5 years experience in Sterile Processing.
Current Certification as Instrument Technician. Successful completion of International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM), Central Service Technician Exam (CRCST).
To apply for this position, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref # 1723-1
October 8, 2021
Hospital/Facility Name: Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital – Scenic Waterfront location
City, State: Greenport, NY
Country: United States
Position and Department: Central Sterilization Technician – Sign-on Bonus!
Top technology. Simply a better way of life!
Greenport, Long Island, NY. With 70 beds, Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital (SBELIH) is a full-service, community hospital committed to delivering excellence in patient care and meeting all the health needs of the North Fork and Shelter Island. A campus of Stony Brook University Hospital, SBELIH provides regional health programs serving the greater Suffolk County area. Centers of excellence include Medical-Surgical, Advanced Ambulatory Care, Behavioral Health, Emergency, Geriatric, Diagnostic Services, Physical Therapy and Gastrointestinal Services.
At SBELIH, you work with world-renowned hospitalists, physicians who specialize in inpatient medicine and taking care of hospitalized patients in place of a primary care provider. SBELIH is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and has been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval. Enjoy the perks of small-town community life, where neighbors care for neighbors.
Job Description: We currently seek a Central Sterilization Technician to join our dynamic team.
• Ensure that instruments used by all medical personnel are clean and sterile.
• Perform manual cleaning and use of washer prior to sterilization, placing cleaned instruments in sterilizers such as autoclaves and Sterrad.
• Examine equipment for defects and reports problems to manager or staff, tests autoclaves and washer and records the results,
• Assemble instrument trays, distributes supplies and ensures that sterile processing unit is clean and ready for shifts.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• At least two (2) years of Central Sterile background experience.
• Completion of Central Sterile Tech program or certification.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification preferred.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package.
Location: Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital, 201 Manor Place, Greenport, NY 11944.
Find your Ideal Lifestyle! SBELIH is located on the North Fork in the sunny, picturesque, waterfront town of Greenport. We are just minutes away from the most spectacular beaches in the country, over 60 award-winning vineyards, quaint rural farms, museums and a waterpark, making the quality of living here extraordinary. Here, you can enjoy Boating, Swimming, Hiking, Cycling, Golf, Tennis, Waterfront Dining. http://www.northfork.org/ | http://northforkchamber.org/ | http://www.greenportvillage.com/
Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of inclusive learning, and a working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Apply for this career opportunity here, send CV/Resume
or send by FAX: 631.477.5822
An EOE m/f/d/v
Ref # 1722-1
September 22, 2021
Hospital/Facility Name: UT Southwestern Medical Center
City, State: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Position and Department: : Sterile Processing Manager
Low Base Pay: Competitive
Job Description: The Sterile Processing Manager will oversee the operations of sterile processing and endoscope processing at Clements University Hospital, Zale Lipshy Pavilion, and the Outpatient Surgery Center.
- Total of 60 Operating Rooms and Endoscopy Reprocessing on 2 floors
- 85+ FTES
- 24-7 coverage at Clements only Experience and Education Requirements
- Minimum five years management experience in hospital or multi-hospital system
- Minimum three years central sterile processing inventory and functions is required, to include endoscope processing
- Certification as CBSPD or IASCHMM, and CER or CFER
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English Preferred Experience and Education
- Additional certifications preferred, such as CSIS, CSPM, CHL
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Supervises and evaluates unit operations and functions and provision of services provided by personnel assigned to unit. Facilitates compliance by personnel assigned to unit to all policies and procedures, PACT, TJC standards, OSHA standards, and AAMI standards.
- Interviews and provides input regarding hiring of all personnel for unit. Provides immediate counseling and constructive criticism and disciplinary interventions of personnel in private setting and in manner that is positive and respectful. Follows-up with accurate and timely reports to Director of Sterile Processing.
- Conducts daily and/or shift by shift review of unit assignments, scheduling and staffing plans to ensure adequate coverage of unit and adherence to policies, procedures, and productivity targets. Revises unit assignments, schedules, and plans as necessary. Utilizes staffing patterns and guidelines to foster most cost effective option for providing adequate coverage for unit.
- Generates and/or supervises generation, implementation and evaluation of occurrence reports and performance improvement activities as appropriate. Provides appropriate and timely follow-up and monitors occurrence reports and performance improvement activities and submits them to Director of Sterile Processing.
- Assists in the completion of all annual performance evaluations and orientation evaluations of personnel assigned to unit.
- Communicates effectively with all hospital personnel and industry representatives. Participates in identification and resolution of complaints regarding unit. Reports complaints and interventions to Director of Sterile Processing to allow adequate follow-up.
- Assist with the human, fiscal, clinical, operational and quality management of department.
- Seeks opportunities to teach, mentor, promote professional growth of personnel assigned to unit. Collaborates with Clinical Educator to assist in meeting educational needs of personnel assigned to unit.
- Conducts staff and committee meetings and special projects such as educational, research and recruitment activities. Participates in routine interdisciplinary and special care conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge base regarding medical/surgical instruments and equipment.
- Communicate in a manner that promotes efficiency, courtesy, and cooperation.
- Utilize proper telephone etiquette and speak clearly.
- Convey a feeling of helpfulness and repeat the caller's message to ensure proper communication. Give complete attention to the caller and hang up last.