Each of our five certification exams are offered on the exam dates below, within a testing window of one week. Candidates can register to take the exam anytime during the window, however seating subject to availability at the test site selected. Any candidate in the U.S. may sign up for more than one different exam during the current one-week exam window. The candidate may NOT sign up for the same exam more than once during any exam window. Please note that, some test sites outside the United States will remain with paper and pencil examinations and the exams will still be offered 4 times a year.
|Examination Dates||Application Deadlines|
|July 5-10, 2021||Monday, June 28, 2021|
|November 1-6, 2021||Tuesday, October 26, 2021|
To find a CBSPD test site, go to Test Site Locations
Follow the directions below:
- Select the Organization: "Certification/Professional Associations"
- Select the Sponsor: "Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)"
- A box wil load with the name of the certification exams we offer. Please click on the exam of interest, for example, 'SPD Technician.'
- A page will load for the exam you're interested in.
- On the rght hand side of the page, there will be three navy blue tabs. Go to the second tab, "Test Selections," then click on "Test Centers."
- Finally, at the top, in the second box, it will ask "Please select a State." Select the state from the dropdown. All of the available cities for testing in that state will load. There will also be directions to the site.
- For International test sites, select a different country from the country list.
- For international candidates that cannot find a test center in their area, please e-mail the CBSPD at email@example.com for assistance in setting up a special test site.
- Special test sites can be established at any healthcare facility outside the U.S. for paper/pencil exams.
**Note: Our testing agency, PSI, often uses airports and schools for administering our exams, so don't be surprised if the closest test site near you is one of those. They are given in secure offices with computer stations and trained proctors to assist you on exam day.